Toxicity In the Home, Part 2
ZapTimes brings you news from the cheerful world of health at Best Zapper. We feature updates on Dr. Hulda Clark, stories from our wonderful Auto-Zap Zapper customer family, and tips to help you keep healthy.
This month we will continue with Part 2 of Toxicity in the Home.
Take Control of Your Health
We get calls every day from people who are struggling with health challenges of every kind: cancer, chronic fatigue, diabetes, etc. There are no magic bullets out there, and the best thing I can say to you is to decide to take control of your own health. Don’t just passively leave control in the hands of your doctor, or you may never get better.
It may take a little time. If it took me 10 years to get sick, how can I expect to get better overnight? Prevention is still the key. You must build on a solid foundation, and a close look at your diet will be the biggest key to building that solid foundation.
FREE–FREE–FREE!!! For all of our newsletter subscribers, we have an audio tape called “My Miracle,” by Janet Pauly. (UPDATE: we are out of tapes!) She was a registered emergency room nurse who got malignant lymphoma. This story of recovery from cancer is remarkable, and she attributes her healing to Barleygreen, an amazing natural food. Just send us your address and we will send it out to you. This is great for ANYONE battling cancer.
Today we will finish Part II of Toxicity in the Home, and add some recipes for safe home products you can make yourself.
TOXICITY IN THE HOME – PART II
Here’s a repeat of some of the June newsletter – to explain the problem of household chemicals for new readers of this newsletter.
The results of toxic overload from use of household chemicals include: birth defects, infertility and miscarriage, cancer (in adults and children), asthma, CNS (Central Nervous System) disorders. John Beaulieu writes “It’s important, once again, to remind you that only 10% of the chemicals that appear in household products have been tested for negative effects on the nervous system. And we know nothing about the long-term effects of exposure to these chemicals.” CNS disorder symptoms can include headaches, dizziness, Multiple Sclerosis, etc. Other symptoms which are brought on by continued exposure to solvents are: memory loss, behavioral changes, confusion, emotional instability, neurological and personality changes.
Formaldehyde, which is a common ingredient in household chemicals, is found in personal care products and cosmetics. Karen Possick’s book “Why are you Poisoning your Family” states that “Exposure to formaldehyde has been shown to cause headaches, depression, joint pain, chronic fatigue, chest pains, ear infections, dizziness and loss of sleep.”
Dr. Hulda Clark states that “100% of cancer patients have the solvent isopropyl alcohol accumulated in their liver and in their cancerous tissues.” Any product with the words “isopropyl alcohol”, “propyl alcohol”, “propanol” or “isopropanol” should be thrown away! Isopropyl Alcohol is the antiseptic commonly used in doctors’ offices and cosmetics.
Dr. Clark has identified propyl alcohol in cold cereals, shampoo, hair spray and mousse, bottled water, store-bought fruit juice, mouthwash, shaving supplies, carbonated beverages, decaffeinated coffee and white sugar. Dr. Clark says “Throw Them Out!”
Laundry detergents are full of deadly chemicals like phosphorus, ammonia, naphthalene, phenol, and PCB’s. Shampoos contain formaldehyde, deodorants and antiperspirants contain ammonia, ethanol, formaldehyde and aluminum. Toothpastes contain benzene and formaldehyde. Benzene is also found in chewing gum, hand creams and Vaseline products. The list goes on and on. You can find more in “The Cure for All Diseases”, by Hulda Clark, Ph.D., starting at page 409.
MORE DIRT ON CHEMICALS IN THE HOME
- Petroleum Distillates (in lubricants and metal polishes): short-term exposure can cause temporary eye clouding, longer exposure can damage the nervous system, skin, kidneys and eyes.
- Ammonia (in glass cleaner): eye irritant, can cause headaches and lung irritation.
- Phenol and cresol (in disinfectants): corrosive, can cause diarrhea, fainting, dizziness, and kidney and liver damage.
- Perchloroethylene (in spot removers, dry cleaning and carpet cleaners): can cause liver and kidney damage if ingested, is an animal carcinogen and suspected human carcinogen.
- Naphthalene or paradichlorobenzene(in mothballs): naphthalene is a suspected human carcinogen that may damage eyes, blood, liver, kidneys, skin, and the central nervous system.
Here are some do-it-yourself recipes which you can try. I have not tried them all, but if you do try any of them, just e-mail us back with your results. AND, send us alternative cleaning solutions that work for you. Dr. Clark’s cleaning products are vinegar, borax, baking soda and water.
- All-Purpose Cleaner: 2 – 4 tablespoons baking soda and 1 quart warm water. Dissolve baking soda in warm water. Apply with a sponge. Rinse with clear water.
- Lime and Mineral Deposit Remover: Soak paper towels in vinegar. Apply the paper towels to the lime deposits around the faucet. Leave them on for approximately one hour. The deposits will be softened and can be removed easily.
- Silver Polish 1: Soak silver in 1 quart of warm water with 1 tbsp. of baking soda, 1 tbsp. of salt and a small piece of aluminum foil.
- Silver Polish 2: Clean silver with white toothpaste and warm water using an old soft bristled toothbrush. To magnetize tarnish away, soak silver in salted water in an aluminum container. Then wipe it clean.
- Brass Cleaner: 1 Lemon juice and baking soda. Make a paste about the consistency of toothpaste. Rub onto brass with a soft cloth. Rinse with water and dry.
- Brass Cleaner 2: Lemon juice and cream of tartar. Make a paste about the consistency of toothpaste. Apply to surface. Leave on for 5 minutes. Wash with warm water. Dry with a soft cloth.
- Copper Polish: Toothpaste, or a paste of equal parts salt, flour and white vinegar or lemon juice. Polish and rinse.
- Chrome and Stainless Steel Cleaner: Dip soft cloth in undiluted white vinegar. Wipe surface.
- Rust Stains: Scrub with lemon juice mixed with salt.
- Perspiration Stains: Sponge stains with white vinegar or lemon juice, or soak in water with two dissolved aspirins.
- Stainless Steel Sinks: Rub with olive oil to remove streaks
- Chocolate Stains: Before washing, soak in club soda. Rub shortening into stain and wash, or apply milk to stain to keep from setting.
- Furniture Polish: Use a mixture of 2 tbsp. olive oil, 1 tbsp white vinegar and 1 quart of warm water. Spray on and wipe dry.
- Mothball Alternative: Cedar chips or dried lavender.
- Mildew Remover 1: Lemon juice and salt, or white vinegar and salt.
- Mildew Remover 2: Dissolve 1/2 cup of vinegar with 1/2 cup borax in warm water. Mix them fresh for each use.
- Ants: Wash counters, floors, etc with a mixture of 1/2 vinegar and 1/2 water.
- Fleas and Ticks: Add 1 tsp of vinegar to 1 quart of water per 40 pounds of pet weight. Feed your pet garlic.
- Flies: Beat an egg yolk with 1 tbsp of molasses and finely ground black pepper. Set this mixture out in shallow plates.
- Leather Shoe Polish: Add a shine by polishing it with the inside of a banana peel. Then buff.
- Garbage Disposal Freshener: Grind ice and used lemon or orange in the disposal.
- Disinfectant: Mix 1/2 cup of borax (natural mineral that kills mold and bacteria) with 1 gallon hot water. Add a few sprigs of fresh thyme. Steep for 10 minutes. Strain and cool. Store in a recycled plastic spray bottle.
We will conduct a small survey of our newsletter readers. It would help us tremendously to know the general interests of our readers, and so when these things come across our desk, we can pass them on.
Lyn and I consider BarleyPlus the most important food we put into our bodies every day. One man called me last week to say that he is over 70 years old, and is working 12 hour days with no fatigue thanks to BarleyPlus. He has great endurance and energy.
Try it yourself! You can buy BarleyPlus with a 90 day money back guarantee. Contact us to get started. And we will support you all the way on your health adventure. Our greatest joy is seeing folks like you regain health and joy in life. Try it!
That wraps it up for this month. Please feel free to write us back with any comments or questions, or suggestions for this newsletter.
God bless you all!
Arthur & Lyn
Celebrating 7 years cancer-free, with no chemotherapy, drugs or radiation!
“Beloved, I desire above all things that you may prosper and be in health, as your soul prospers.” 3 John 2